Conversation with youngster these days can be tough


Seriously I feel so ancient now.
I just met a young girl, 21 years old.
Cute, urban.
Came with backpain.
She is very very thin with poor posture and musculoskeletal structure.
Easy said, too thin, not enough muscle to support her spine and bones so she has been suffering with scoliosis.
Scoliosis is when the spine curve abnormaly to the side.
Tulang senget ke tepi.

So as I was advising her on healthy diet and proper posture, she added about how she has to stand for a whole day at work, working as a retailer in Alamanda.
I explained to her that poor muscles strength will burden her spine because they can't offer proper assistance and support for her posture and physical activities.

I nonchalantly suggested playfully that she might need to consider yoga or pilates as they build up muscles and strength.
She will look like Madonna, thin , fit and muscular.
She nodded her head.

Then I thought to ask, 'You know Madonna right?'
In my mind I cursed myself for asking.
Silly me, who doesn't know Madonna.
Why should I even ask her that.

She shook her head.

My reaction was..

WHAT????
YOU DON'T KNOW MADONNA???
SERIOUSLY?
SHE IS THE QUEEN OF POP.
BIG DEAL.
DIVA??
RING AND BELL?
NO?

Haahahahahahhahahahahha.

Okay how about Nicole Kidman?
She does pilates too.

She again shook her head.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
WHERE AM I?
IS THIS A NEW WORLD AND I HAVE BECOME IRRELEVANT?

Seriously?Nicole Kidman has won so many Oscars and she only acted in award winning films and this youngster doesn't know her.

Seeing how panicked and stricken-face I was, she comforted me by saying,' I will google them doc'.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

She informed me that she only knows local celebrities.

How about Tom Cruise?Brad Pitt?
Nothing?

I must have been kidnapped by aliens into another world.
Or I am too old to have a conversation with a youngster.

She chuckled as she was about to walk away and said, 'Doctor yang cool. From now on I want to see you only'.

And I laughed saying,'And I can't believe you don't know Nicole Kidman'.

Hahahahaha.

And you know what suddenly my nurse rushed in and said, 'Doctor, Dato Hattan kat depan'.
What a crazy day.



Comments

Popular Posts